LWP Archives

September 2009

LWP@LIST.RUG.NL

From:
Jurjen Bokma <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lijst voor communicatie over Linux werkplek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:55:46 +0200
Dear All,

in preparation for next weeks DebPackaging colloquium you may want to
read up on a few subjects.

I assume you are able to understand and modify shell scripts and
Makefiles. If not:
http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/
http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/index.html
You are also supposed to be able to handle 'dpkg' and 'apt' well enough
to install and uninstall packages and to inspect their contents. If not,
check the manpages.

Then the main course, the packaging itself. To get more out of contact
with the experts (which of course doesn't include me), you could take a
look at the following:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Complete
and also
http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
or even
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/index.en.html

Because some exercises make use of version control, i.c. Subversion, you
would also benefit from understanding the Subversion terminology:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/index.html

If you are aware of anyone who would like to attend but is not in the
recipient list of this message, please feel free to forward this
message. And notify me, or forward subsequent mail as well.

Kind Regards,
Jurjen

>>> Jurjen