LWP Archives

August 2009

LWP@LIST.RUG.NL

From:
Jurjen Bokma <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lijst voor communicatie over Linux werkplek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:49:44 +0200
Dear All,

it is my pleasure to announce that there will be a short course in
DebPackaging this autumn. I would like to fix a date.

I found Frank Brokken willing to talk us through the theory, and we
decided to append a workshop to guide you through your first package
creation.
Frank has been creating Debian packages for years, and if schedules
permit, he will also invite a couple of actual Debian Developers. The
amount of packaging experience present will anyway be vastly larger than
initially announced. Because of that, I Cc'ed again even the people who
didn't respond to my initial request.

The dates I picked are:
Tuesday,  October the 6th 2009, 8:30-12:00 and
Wednesday October the 7th 2009, 8:30-12:000.
This way, we can have Franks favourite classroom on the first morning,
and a computer room with nine student PCs on the second.
The dates are tentative, but I would like to have fixed dates by the end
of the week. So here are my questions:

1. Do you intend to follow the course?
2. If so, can you attend on the above dates?
3. Regardless of whether you can attend on the mentioned dates, please
indicate the dates and times in October that you absolutely cannot.
(Resolution is half a day.) For those who work at the RuG, this should
be done through the RuG agenda.

Kind Regards,
Jurjen