LWP Archives

August 2009

LWP@LIST.RUG.NL

From:
Adri Mathlener <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 2009 21:45:54 +0200
Jurjen Bokma wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> it is my pleasure to announce that there will be a short course in
> DebPackaging this autumn. I would like to fix a date.
>
> I found Frank Brokken willing to talk us through the theory, and we
> decided to append a workshop to guide you through your first package
> creation.

I'm looking forward being educated by Frank again.

> Frank has been creating Debian packages for years, and if schedules
> permit, he will also invite a couple of actual Debian Developers. The
> amount of packaging experience present will anyway be vastly larger than
> initially announced. Because of that, I Cc'ed again even the people who
> didn't respond to my initial request.
>
> The dates I picked are:
> Tuesday,  October the 6th 2009, 8:30-12:00 and
> Wednesday October the 7th 2009, 8:30-12:000.
> This way, we can have Franks favourite classroom on the first morning,
> and a computer room with nine student PCs on the second.
> The dates are tentative, but I would like to have fixed dates by the end
> of the week. So here are my questions:
>
> 1. Do you intend to follow the course?

I will attend the course.

> 2. If so, can you attend on the above dates?

Sorry, but on october 6 I have to attend the dienstraadvergadering that
starts at 11:00 so I can't be there all morning.

> 3. Regardless of whether you can attend on the mentioned dates, please
> indicate the dates and times in October that you absolutely cannot.
> (Resolution is half a day.) For those who work at the RuG, this should
> be done through the RuG agenda.

Friday october 30 is a no go for me.

> Kind Regards,
> Jurjen

Just a tip: Please record this whole training on video.
Contact Mark Meinema, he can be of help with this.

c'ya Adri